LIVE, LOVE, LOCAL CHRISTMAS DRIVE
Foster Hope collects new, unwrapped Christmas presents for children in foster care throughout New Zealand. Christmas is a stressful time of the year where child protection agencies around the country see a big increase in child abuse and crisis management cases.
We want to ensure that if a child is suddenly placed into care over the Christmas period, that the caregivers are not caught short with nothing under the tree for the child.
Our aim is to bring a little bit of sunshine and hope to our most vulnerable children when often hope is lost and grief and depression invade their little lives.
Foster Hope Charitable Trust is collecting NEW, UNWRAPPED gifts for children from newborn to 18 years of age.
• New toys only
• Gifts must not be weapon or food orientated
• Gifts are to be up to the value of $30
• The toys must not mention mum, dad or families
• There is no size limit as they will be wrapped separately
from the backpacks
• Please no gifts requiring batteries
Please do not wrap presents as all gifts have to be checked
by a qualified co-ordinator. Gift bags, or cellophane are a
good option if you still wanting to package a gift up.
• Toy cars and trucks
• Lego sets
• Balls – Rugby, Soccer, Basketball
• Beach bags, beach towels and jandals
• Jewellery or Jewellery making kits (7 – 18 years)
• Movie vouchers
• Craft kits
• Headphones (for 10 – 18 years)
• Toiletry sets (for teenagers)
Thank you so much for your support!
Gifts can be left under the tree in the Euromarque showroom at 20 Saint Asaph Street, Christchurch Central City, Christchurch 8011
Learn more about the good people at Foster Hope here.